Tuesday, February 27, 2018

CHALLENGE

The purpose of the Paradigm Blog is to challenge ourselves. We need to examine why we think the way we think and why we do the things we do. If any one of you were to go to a new town to start a church you would probably start a church that looks very similar to the church you left. I know because I have done that. Oh, we might make some changes and improvements, but in reality it will look very much like the previous church. That would be great, but we started the Paradigm series talking about our frustrations and concerns about not getting results. 
Obviously, in a blog post I can't explore the many causes of this problem. However, I want to mention several things we need to consider. We need revelation and understanding. But how much in depth Bible study have you done in the past several months or past several years? I'm not talking about at a Bible School, but doing studies in the Word - research, prayer, meditating, asking other people, and persisting until you get answers. The one thing that will change your life and ministry is revelation from God and understanding what He says. We may be trying to help people and teach and preach but all we have for them are the lessons taught by others. Thank God for teachers and lessons. I am trying to teach you in lessons, blogs, videos, and conference. BUT the Holy Spirit is your teacher. Get with Him and the Word and see what you learn. 
The second point I want to make involves this question. What do you do with new revelation and understanding? I have seen people get an understanding of a spiritual principle but still live by their previous understanding. It makes no sense! The light goes on about prayer but their prayer habits don't change. Perhaps they learn about the power of praying in the Spirit, but then they seldom do it. It drives me crazy particularly when I am the one I am talking about it. 
Here's a a hard Truth. We do what we believe! If you want to know what someone believes simply observe what they do. They may say they believe something, but if they aren't doing it then they don't really believe it. Want to know what you believe - not what you think or say you believe - then look at what you do. Don't let someone tell you that they believe in prayer,,,,,, but they don't pray. You get the idea.
And now the agonizing conclusion. For a long time we have talked about how we have a relationship with God, not religion. First, you might be surprised at how many things you do because of religion, but that is a point for another day. But let's get back to relationship. I have a relationship with the guard in my building. I know his name and talk to him. I have a relationship with people at the store, neighbors, old high school friends. You know what. I have relationships with them but I am not close to them. Yes, you may have a relationship with God, but He desires intimacy, closeness, and love. Maybe not you, but way too many leaders have a relationship with the Lord but they don't have a close and intimate family relationship with Him. You may have served Him for years, but do you know Him? 
All Power flows from your closeness with God.  
Is the Power of God flowing through you? 
I think you can see what I am saying. 
The good news is that you can do the works Jesus did...and even greater works because he went to be with the Father and sent the Holy Spirit. You can have intimacy with God.... And walk in POWER!

No comments:

Post a Comment